Tuesday 8 May 2007

young single mothers


The difficulties of setting up home for young single mothers

Young single mothers often find themselves catapulted simultaneously into independent adulthood and motherhood. Furthermore, many must come to terms with their new role and endeavour to establish an independent home quickly and with limited family support. Research by Newcastle University identified the following main problems for young mothers establishing a secure and suitable home for themselves and their childrenhttp://www.jrf.org.uk/knowledge/findings/socialpolicy/SP72.asp

It must be hard enough to have a child at a young age, let alone being a single mother. I wouldn't know have as much of what young mothers go through. It may be hard for others and it may be easy for some, providing there is support. My mother is a single parent, she had me in her early 20's, she would always mention that she had a tough time, bringing up my brother and I, and all the emotional, and financial stress she went through. So by my mothers experience of having a child at a young age, has helped me in a way, I believe that if a child is being born into this world, whether couples were prepared or not, they would need to try and provide a better life for the child.